Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Classic Author #1 -- Jane Austen -- Classic Summer Reading
I've decided that this summer I'm going to read or RE-read some of my favorite classic novels. The first one being:

PRIDE & PREJUDICE
This is one I have read, but want to RE-read.
Few have failed to be charmed by the witty and independent spirit of Elizabeth Bennet. Her early determination to dislike Mr. Darcy is a prejudice only matched by the folly of his arrogant pride. Their first impressions give way to true feelings in a comedy profoundly concerned with happiness and how it might be achieved.





Want some appropriate music to play while happily lost in Jane Austen's writing? I found an amazing CD - the Jane Austen Companion - that will fill your ears with the lovely symphonic works that Jane herself likely loved. :) If you click on the link below, you can listen to samples of the music. This is definitely one CD that I'll be picking up!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home